Wednesday, July 2, 2014

New Discovery: thredUP!

Like-new clothes from brands you love! Up to 90% off retail.

Thred Up contacted me and asked if I wanted to take part in a summer wardrobe challenge. My answer of course was yes! They gave me $100 credit and I had to see how many pieces I could get to enhance my summer wardrobe, which definitely needed some enhancing.



I went crazy! There are so many great pieces on this site for majorly affordable prices, it was very hard to narrow it down to just $100. So of course I spent a little over, but hey I couldn't help it. I will also say I have shopped a few more times just to get some great staples to replace things I have gotten rid of that either didn't fit or they just weren't me anymore.

Their packaging is so adorable and extremely neat, it felt as if I was just ordering new products from Piperlime or Modcloth. They are very clear about the state that the clothes are in, they do not accept decrepit pieces that have reached the end of their life; so you know you are getting great pieces when you order.






Another great service they offer is the ability for you to clean out your closet, to make room for the new clothes! You can either have a bag sent to you (shipping is covered) or with each purchase they send you one.



They carry great brands like: Diane von Furstenberg, J. Crew, Escada, Karen Kane, BCBG MaxAzria, Trina Turk, Maggy London, Betsey Johnson, H & M, Kensie, Tahari, Asos and so many more!

Here is what I managed to narrow my choices down to for my first purchase (you will definitely be seeing more items from Thred Up than this, but I didn't want to overwhelm you)

Asos $20.99
Bailey 44 $10.49
BCBG Generation $16.49
Rock and Republic $16.49 
Karen Kane $11.99
French Connection $20.99

This piece is was put me over the $100 mark, but hey 7 pieces for $124 is an amazing deal!

Joseph Ribkoff $26.99





Here are some great summer pieces for you to check out that are great for adding some color and vibrancy to your wardrobe (something I am constantly striving to do)

Save (under $30)
Everly Top, Sleeveless Sm $5.49
Banana Republic Silk Dress  $28.49
Halogen Casual Skirt 8 $9.49

Marimekko Blouse, Sleeveless  $25.49
Angie Summer Dress Sm $12.49

icon
Corey P. Casual Dress Women -Size 8 $15.49


icon
Betsey Johnson One Piece Swimsuit Women - Size Lg $24.49icon

icon

icon


icon





Splurge (but still saving-- $30+)
David Meister Silk Dress 10 $111.99

Angie Summer Dress Sm $42.49


icon
Shipley & Halmos Silk Dress Women - Size Med $45.49

icon
Diane Von Furstenberg Swimsuit Cover Up Women - Size Med $75.99


icon
icon
icon




Have you tried Thred Up yet? Let me know how your experience goes!



Follow on Bloglovin


$100 credit provided by Thred up, however all these thoughts and comments are my own. 

1 comment:

  1. These are amazing Carolyn. I, too, was contacted by Thredup and got really excited with this challenge. I picked out a total of 7 pieces (5 dresses and 2 skirts) with $10 to spare. Isn't it amazing? Can't wait to share how I styled the pieces I got. :)

    xo,
    Abby
    http://www.fashchronicles.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete